Thursday, May 8, 2008

I hopped online yesterday and ordered a 4gig RAM kit for my Toshiba laptop, I'm planning on the eventual retirement and scavenging of my E-machine desktop. My plan is to upgrade the laptop, park the desktop offline, and then come July use my leftover clothing allowance to purchase a barebones kit and build my new computer. I'm going to scavenge the Harddrive, Power unit, graphics card, and possibly some of the fans and cabling from my old computer, but I'm in serious need of a new CPU chip, new case, new ram, and mobo. I hate to say it, but I'm also going to have to convert to Vista. (Oh Noes!)

Man, the old Emachine has chugged along nicely thusfar. About the only thing left over that is factory original is her CPU, mobo, optical drive, and case. New RAM, new PSU, Its' on its second video card, its original hard drive was gutted out, the replacement for the original is now slaved to a new 500 gig hard drive. Its on its second set of RAM, the first replacement set was scavenged from the computer before. The computer has gone through about two sets of everything. I'm surprised it turned out to be that ESD resistant. I figured I would have fried it by now. My apartment isn't exactly an ESD work lab.

In the meantime, my TV is probably going to go toast when the TV stations all go digital in 09, in any event I absolutely refuse to move it anytime, so its going to get replaced whenever I; A: have to move again, B: get bored enough to buy a new flatpanel C: it stops working due to the digital signal conversion, and I'm too lazy to get a converter D: It dies due to old age and dust inhalation.

So yeah, I'm upgrading my computers, I'm pondering upgrading my television, and I'm also considering getting a new mattress in the not too distant future because the current mattress I have is a little too soft for my back.

Theres also the fact that I've been making eyes at a cute little Ruger 22LR pistol I saw. I could really use a cheap practice pistol. Or maybe a rifle. Either way, I want a 22.

No comments: