Saturday, May 3, 2008

Well, today was rainy and ugly, so I went to my indoor range with the Glock, I'm hoping tomorrow has sunny skies so I can go to my outdoor range and burn some .303 through the Enfield.

The Glock19 was pure fun at the range. The grips a little wide, but the recoil characteristics are very light. Unfortunately it has an insatiable appetite for lead, and I ran my magazines empty surprisingly quick.

My ammo storage is overflowing, I'm thinking I'm going to have to get another ammo can for my 9mm luger and 45 ACP. I've got two ammo cans stuffed full of everything, and two blister packs full of 303 stocked up on the shelves. I'm sure to have a lot more ammo just as soon as I get my 45 brass reloaded. If I ever get around to that, man I'm lazy as of late.

In the meantime, I'm considering some of the new movies coming out. Iron Man looks fun, I've always been a fan of the comic book movies. The cheap theater across the street is showing Ben Stiens Expelled, a movie about how the scientific community oppresses anyone in thier ranks who dare to question the theory of Evolution. I'm thinking about hitting up both tomorrow, I might just run out to the range in the morning, catch Ben Stiens movie in the afternoon, and save Iron man for a later time. I'm also waiting for the new Batman movie to come out, its supposed to hit in July. I've always been a big fan of the Dark Knight, The Joker is my favorite villain. I'm loving the direction of this movie series, gutting all the glitz and camp and focusing on the characters.

As far as sleep this weekend goes, I kicked myself out of bed at noon today, fell asleep again at eight PM, promptly woke up at 10PM, and have been awake ever since.

I'm officially in my retraining cycle, so I've got to catch enough time at work to hit the computer and work on that little project. I'm hoping and praying for a Flight Engineer slot still, I'll take aerial gunner if I can get it, but I haven't looked at the slot sheet in so long I honestly don't know what jobs are open. Unfortunately its a bad time to retrain, too late to get a good job from the FY08 list, a little too early to solidly rely on picking up an Fy09 slot. Most the good jobs are got already, and the jobs with under manning are still hoping for a random surge of people before filing their "Please send us people!" paperwork yet.

No comments: